Labor Day is a cause for celebration. You bust your hump all year so it’s nice to have one day to be recognized for all your hard work.
If you live in Asheboro, there’s plenty of ways you can spend your Labor Day weekend without having to leave your surroundings. And if you aren’t native to Asheboro, there’s plenty of reason to hop in your Nissan for a little road trip.
Here are 10 things to do on Labor Day weekend in Asheboro, NC.
Your Asheboro Labor Day Weekend Itinerary
- Go to the zoo. North Carolina Zoo is having a birds of prey exhibit on Saturday the 3rd. Because raptors never take time off from being awesome.
- Go shopping. What a better way to celebrate your hard labor than by spending some of that hard-earned cash? Asheboro is known for its antique stores and flea markets.
- Picnic. Pack a lunch and a comfortable pair of shoes and visit Birkhead Mountain Wilderness. A good old fashioned picnic is a staple of Labor Day celebrations.
- Tip your glass. Four Saints Brewing Company has live music on Saturday and $1 off tap beers on Sunday. You work hard. You deserve a cold one.
- Tee it up. Sunday afternoon tee times at the highly-acclaimed Tot Hill Farm Golf Club can be had for as little as $29. The course was ranked as the seventh toughest in America back in 2007, which means it may feel like you’re hard at work again.
- Sit and sip. Sit on the veranda at Zimmerman Vineyard and enjoy the beautiful view with a glass of White Persephone. Wine tastings are just $5 and include a souvenir glass!
- Groove. You work hard for the money so why not shake your moneymaker? The Blackwater Rhythm & Blues Band is playing at Bicentennial Park on Labor Day as part of the Asheboro Summer Concert Series.
- Hit the lake. Take a day trip to Lake Reese or Lake Lucas and relax on a canoe or cast out a line.
- Zip around. Strap yourself in for some zip lining at the Richland Creek Zip Line Canopy Tour. Bet your cubicle chair can’t do that.
- Check out the museums. Asheboro has an impressive lineup of museums including the North Carolina Aviation Museum and the American Classic Motorcycle Museum among others.
At Asheboro Nissan, we believe in giving back to the community and we’re a proud member of the Randolph County Chamber of Commerce and actively involved in local events. Stop in and chat with our friendly associates about how you spent your Labor Day weekend right here in Asheboro.